Patients have the right to visitation while under Champion Center’s care, treatment and service. The right of a patient to have visitors may be limited or restricted when visitation would interfere with the care of the patient and or care of other patients. Circumstances reasonably related to the preceding, which provide a basis to impose restrictions or limitations on visitors include (but are not limited to):
- Restriction is necessary to assure the safety of the patient(s)
- Infection control issues
- Visitation may interfere with the care of other patients
- Champion Center is aware that there is an existing court order restricting contact
- Visitors engage in disruptive, threatening, or violent behavior of any kind
- Visitors are under, or appear to be under the influence of mind-altering substances
- The patient or patient’s roommate(s) need rest or privacy
- The patient is undergoing care interventions
- Visitation is otherwise clinically contraindicated
Champion Center limits the number of visitors to:
- 2 individuals per patient on the medical services unit.
- 2 individuals per patient in the partial hospitalization program
Champion Center is committed to the safe and effective treatment of substance use disorders in an abstinence based environment. Visitors who appear to be under the influence of mind-altering substances may be requested to cease visitation immediately and exit the premises. The interdisciplinary treatment team at Champion Center will evaluate and assess each incident on an individualized basis. The patient will be notified of the treatment team’s decision to continue, restrict, or limit future visits.
Visitors are required to show Photo ID at each visit.
Visitors are strictly prohibited from bringing illicit or any other mind-altering substances to patients during the course of their treatment. Law enforcement may be notified and involved for this breach of Champion Center safety.
Detox Visiting Hours
Sunday 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Limit of 2 visitors per patient at one time, however there is a 24 hour blackout period for visitation and phone upon admission.
Nurse’s Station phone number (805) 875-8815
When coming to visit a patient, please park inside our parking lots. Thank you.